Ireland Chapter of PMI announce finalists for the National Project Awards
06 October 2017: The Ireland Chapter of Project Management Institute (PMI) has today (Friday) announced the shortlist of finalists for the inaugural National Project Awards. Winners of the seven categories will be revealed at a gala dinner hosted by principal sponsor PwC on November 1. The event at Spencer Dock, Dublin 1 will take place on the eve of International Project Management Day 2017. The Irish Times is the media sponsor for the awards.
The National Project Awards recognise and honour individuals, project teams and organisations that have excelled within the project management discipline.
Ireland Chapter of PMI President Niall Murphy stated: “The calibre of entries in this year’s awards has been excellent and reinforces what extraordinary talent there is within the industry. Across the country, there are dedicated people and teams driving best practice in project management and we look forward to celebrating their successes in November.”
Féilim Harvey, Partner in PwC heading up their Portfolio and Programme Management Practice in Ireland added: “It is clear from the quality of the submissions that programme management disciplines are superbly applied in projects in Ireland. The calibre of programmes, and outcomes achieved, are a testament to the skills and commitment of the teams involved. PwC look forward to hosting the finalists in November for the tremendous occasion."
The shortlist is as follows:
Category: Project Professional of the Year (sponsored by PwC)
- Eamon McCormack, Oath
- Emma Daly, Aspira
- Derek Tierney, Department of Finance
- Killian Kenny, Stryker
Category: PMO of the Year (sponsored by Aspira)
- AIB Payments Transformation Programme PMO
- Children’s Hospital Group PMO
- DePuy Synthes Plan PMO
- Pramerica PPMO
Category: Private Sector Project of the Year
- AIB - Remote Scanning Enterprise Workflow Solution
- RCSI (Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland) - National Training Programme for Emergency Medicine
- Stryker – The Anngrove Global Centre for Product Innovation
- Ulster Bank – Payment service using Apple pay
Category: Public Sector Project of the Year (sponsored by the Institute of Public Administration)
- Fáilte Ireland – Ireland’s Ancient East Orientation Signage
- Ervia – Limerick Gasworks Site Remediation Project
- HSE – Kidney Disease Clinical Patient Management System
- New Children’s Hospital Design Project
Category: SME Project of the Year (sponsored by Progressive Financial Services)
- Cora Systems – Healthcare Service Improvement Project
- Exigent Networks – High Capacity Wireless Broadband Project
- Sonalake – Automation of Fibre to the Premises for enet
- Treemetrics – Satmodo Forestry Technology Project
Category: Project Management for Social Good (sponsored by AIB)
- Dell EMC – Volunteer Project Management Programme
- Donal Walsh Live Life National Film Competition
- Team Limerick Clean-Up
- Three – Charity partner e-mentoring system
The National Project Awards also includes one honorary nomination, the Distinguished Contribution to Project Management, with the winner to be announced on the night.
Membership of the Ireland Chapter of PMI has grown by 22% in the past 12 months, to over 1,250 members. There are currently over 50,000 employed in project management across Ireland, in sectors such as IT, public sector, construction, pharmaceuticals, professional services, financial services and manufacturing.
For full details on the National Project Awards see projectawards.ie.