Welcome to Part 2 of the LIM Dublin Interviews from May 2019.
It was an amazing week by all accounts. While I only had the fortune to be at LIM for 2 days, I was able to pack a lot in.
During the 2 days, I was also able to connect with attendees at the LIM which included Members of PMI at HQ in Philadelphia and Chapter leaders from across the globe.
This episode shares the final set of short interviews so you can get a better understanding of different parts of the PMI, what’s happening in other chapters and of course, hear loud and clear the value and benefits gained from volunteering for your local chapter.
We’ve also added a new member to our Ireland Chapter podcast crew as you’ll hear on this episode. Underhill, Director of Chapters and Volunteers at PMI, a past guest on the show also, was my co-host for the day and she did an amazing job! Thank you .
Ok. Enough from me. Let’s get into the interviews.
- Heather Ramsey, Manager of Academic Programs at PMI. Working with Colleges and Universities across the globe. This has been part of the PMI since its inception. It’s evolved over the years and is always looking to add new programs. She shares the benefits to the chapter and to the individuals.
- Lynn Channon from the Chapter Member advisory group. Lynn has lost count of the number of LIM’s she’s attended and shares her learnings from the event.
- Seam McConnell, from the Detroit Chapter of PMI. Sean shares his experience from the LIM in Dublin and has taken a ton of great ideas from the sessions he attended.
- Monina from the France Chapter. She is the leader of the study group in the PMBOK 6th. She has been helping others learn and develop their PM skills. She shares details about the attendees the study group which helps others learn about Project Management. She shares her excitement taken from the LIM experience. The networking and growth that comes out of this role is very rewarding according to .
- Jorg from PMI Southern Germany Chapter. He’s been volunteering for the last 11 years for PMI. He talks about the leadership skills he’s developed by being in this role. He became more confident and experienced. This is his 7th LIM and he’s learned so much.
- Janet Burnes, President of the Delaware Chapter of PMI in Philadelphia. The chapter is celebrating the 40th Anniversary and they are hosting the congress in Philadelphia in October for the 50th Anniversary. Janet talks about the value she’s taking from being involved in the PMI chapters and how this has changed over the years in these positions. Staring with networking and moving to help others get better at Project Management.
Hope you enjoy.
Link to the Podcast on iTunes - Subscribe, Rate & Review: https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/ireland-chapter-pmi-podcast-episode-16-insights-from/id1347295713?i=1000445197374