The Project Management Institute is the global professional association for project programme or portfolio managers and PMO officers.
The worldwide standards available from the Project Management Institute include standards for best practice in project management, programme management, portfolio management and for organisational project management maturity assessment and development.
These standards support organisations to achieve consistency and excellence in project management practice, a standard project management terminology and economies of scale in the development of project management competence. The PMI local chapter network offers a community of practice for those active in project management.
The Project Management Institute offers independent and unbiased benchmarks for the assessment of competence for projects staff, through its Full List of PMI Credentials
Benefits for Individuals
Members of the Ireland Chapter of PMI join a vibrant project management community and have access to stimulating events and meetings. These help keep you current with PM knowledge and thinking, progress towards and maintain a professional qualification and to learn from other project managers.
Almost all Ireland Chapter events are free to Chapter members. Key benefits for individuals:
- The cheapest and most effective way to maintain your credentials
The PMP credential requires 60 Professional Development Units (PDUs) over a three year cycle
- Great forum for networking with other project professionals that have faced the same or similar challenges
Networking sessions are designed into regular chapter events
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends in project management
Chapter events cover the full range of project management topics from communications to risk management to virtual teams to agile methods to name just a few....
Multiple virtual events are now being run monthly to align with the current environment
Benefits for the Organisation
Benefits for Organisations
- Good project management delivers business results. This is confirmed by the latest industry leading research: PMI's Pulse of the Profession
- Qualified project professionals, who stay up to date with the latest trends, will have more successfuol project outcomes than untrained people
- Increase your changes of better business results by having the best qualified people on your team