How to get involved
The board and executive officers appreciate the dedication of volunteers who give their time and skills for the betterment of the chapter. Volunteers can expect clear guidelines as outlined below on how they can contribute to a variety of initiatives and projects to increase benefits to the membership.
Open Volunteer Opportunities
Expectations of Volunteers
- Commitment to your chosen assignment as a representative of the Chapter.
- Maintain confidentiality on the work and work products of the team
- Timely fulfillment of assigned tasks.
- Devote the time required in order to meet assignment objectives
- Complete all assignments in a timely manner
- Request assistance if unable to complete assignments by an established deadline
- Active participation in project activities.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision
- Prompt acknowledgement of and timely response to programme stakeholders.
- Accept direction from appropriate level of leadership
- Work toward the benefit of the profession.
- Contribute to consensus building.
- Be willing to listen to and fully consider other opinions or points of view
- Share your perspective with the team in a professional manner
- Adhere to respective processes and procedures
- Work with integrity and act within the established protocols
- Appropriate introduction to their role and responsibilities by the appropriate Executive Officer
- Guidance and direction at the level of detail appropriate for the volunteer to be successful in their role
- An opportunity to comment on their volunteer experiences and make suggestions for improvement
- Executive Officer will openly communicate requirements and restrictions
Volunteer Benefits and Recognition
- Recognition and appreciation
- Professional development of self and others
- Leadership opportunities
- Professional and social networking.
- Volunteer Feedback